Background

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine Flu - Eewww!

So I'm trying not to freak out about this, which is weird for me. I'm usually pretty good about not over-reacting to this kind of thing, keeping it in perspective and all. But for some reason, this Swine Flu outbreak has induced a small panic in me.

I really shouldn't watch any more of those world/society-ending disaster type movies, because that's all I can think about when I allow myself to think about it. Scenes from I Am Legend and other post-Apocolyptic movies flash through my mind, scaring the crap out of me. I've always said that if something bad happens to the world, I'd like to be in the center of it to make sure my whole family just goes in it. I just can't handle thinking of the kids having to survive without us, or us without them, or just some of us............

Not that I really believe this is THE END, or even the beginning, but who really knows, ya know? In the meantime, we're handwashing and hand sanitizing like crazy, and PJ has ordered me to yank the kids out of school at the first sign of it being around here.

Perhaps this is an early pregnancy sign? 'Cause I always get really paranoid when I'm pregnant. (Yeah, I know, probably just wishful thinking.)

Or it could just be a coping mechanism, where my excruciatingly stressed-out mind and body are trying to divert me from thinking about what needs to be done, is going to be done, and what could (will! I know it will!) go wrong with the kitchen remodel right now. Oh, and the cold that is trying so desperately to drop me on my face.Please, just let me be pregnant and paranoid, not validated in my paranoia.

And now, back to The Kitchen. See y'all in a few days.

2 comments:

K-jo said...

Life: love it, hate it, feel it is turning you in circles; I am there right now too! I have totally lost my taste for pork! Would love to hear when/if you are prego!

Love ya, you'll make it!

PS My condolences to you and your family, your Aunt sounds like a wonderful person.

McDonald Family said...

so the swine flu has totally freaked me out too!! I have a sore throat.... I swear I have it!!! lol