Background

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Well hellooooo, there!

Ha! Came back to the ol'blog and noticed that I started this draft back in May. Got as far as the title. Also found a draft post from PJ's birthday back in July - I think I was waiting to add pictures. *sigh*

I don't know what I've been doing lately that has kept me so very busy that I can't be bothered to blog at all, but here are some of the mitigating factors:
  • My Kindle Fire. I got it for my birthday and I LOOOOVE it. iPad snobs can knock it all they want, but it does everything I want and I can have it with me all the time. That said, I get on the actual computer far, far less now that I have it. And there's no Blogspot app, and their site is totally not mobile-friendly, so there you go.
  • Pictures. I love to take them, love it even more with our new DSLR, but once I've taken the pics, I have to a) find the cord that magically disappears all the time so that I can, b) transfer the pics from the camera to the computer, then c) look through the 857 pictures and sift out the obvious rejects, then d) whittle down the unnecessary/duplicate/not-so-good ones, then e) take the good ones from each event/slice in time/noteworthy experience and whittle those down to just a few great moments, then f) crop/Photoshop/de-redeye/fix, then g) write a post and upload pics. Hmmmmm.......why don't I blog more?
  • The Computer. It is and always has been a giant sucker of my time. I get on to do one (or two) specific things and.......suddenly my day is gone. So now I kind of avoid the computer.
  • Time. I just can't seem to find enough of it in my day (like most people, I'm sure), so I find myself avoiding known time-suckers even more.
That said, I'm going to try to do better. Promise. Because it's important that I capture these small moments for the family's posterity, to augment my own failing memory, and to share with family and friends.

Just gotta get myself a leeetle better organized to do it. Ha. Hahahaha. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: