Background

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Choices, Choices, Choices

So Tristen has been invited to a birthday party for one of his good school friends. It's at Chuck E. Cheese......on Sunday......during church. And after discussing it a lot, we're going to let him go. This is one of those times where it's not so fun to be Mormon. Because we know what's right, what we're supposed to do, and we know the consequences of not doing so. So why would we make such a choice? Well, I know all the reasons we discussed, and they're valid, but I'm still not comfortable with our decision to let him go. And I'm going to talk it to death with Tristen, telling him how this is something Heavenly Father has asked us not to do, but we know it's important to his friend to have kids there (hardly anyone showed up to his birthday last year), and so on...

So yes, one tiny step further away from the Celestial Kingdom here. Off to read my scriptures!

1 comment:

Marsee Family said...

Oh, if reaching the Celestial kingdom was as easy as not going to birthday parties on Sunday, we would all be there. Those are hard choices to make. I am off to read my scriptures too...after I surf the web and blog of course!