Background

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Recorder Karate

At Campbell, during the recorder unit, they do Recorder Karate, where they earn different "belts" for learning songs - they start out simply and progress with increasing difficulty. I had been encouraging Tristen to practice at home, and he did for awhile, but we of course forgot for a time. Thus, I was shocked to find out that he earned his Black Belt! Out of the maybe 125 3/4th graders who took part, only around 25 made it to that level by mastering "Ode to Joy". Great job Mr. T!

They had a special assembly where the kids got to perform for everyone. It happened to be St. Patrick's Day, which I only discovered as the kids filed in and I thought (did they ask them all to wear green? Oh -Duh!) I tried to upload the video, but I guess at almost 17 minutes, it's just a bit much for the website to handle. You'll have to trust me - he did great!

No comments: